Are you concerned about your hearing?
- Do you think people mumble?
- Do you often ask people to repeat what they have said?
- Do you need the television up louder than other people?
- Do you often find it hard to hear in background noise?
- Do you have difficulty hearing the phone or doorbell?
- Do you have noises in your ears or head – Tinnitus?
If you answer yes to any of these, a Hearing Therapist can help.
Hearing Therapy is the profession that assists people to adjust to living with hearing loss.
In the video below, Hearing Therapy was one of the services Susan was referred to. This was to assess her hearing needs in her roles as an employee and parent, and to provide information and advice on suitable equipment and funding.
Hearing Therapists Association of New Zealand (HTANZ) is the professional organisation for Hearing Therapists in New Zealand.
HTANZ wishes to thank the New Zealand Ministry of Health Disability Services, Unreal Films, and Susan Caldwell, for permission to screen this video. This video is an extract from a Ministry of Health DVD, entitled, "With Support I Can..."